There are only a few hours left for Cheam Traders to have their say outside Waitrose supermarket in Cheam
Sutton Plan: Join the conversation
More in “Sutton Plan: Join the conversation”
Come and join the conversation on the Sutton Plan on Thursday 16 February.
The project will set out the priorities for services in the borough for the next 5-10 years involving a range of public, voluntary and private sector partners.
We’ll be in your area, asking for your views on the future of the borough. What do you love about your area? How can it be improved? You can also see what other residents have said about the area in the conversation so far…
So come and join the conversation at:
· The Broadway in Cheam near Waitrose, 10am – 5pm
· Worcester Park High Street, outside the old police station,10am – 5pm
· St Helier Hospital, ground floor restaurant, 10am – 7pm
· Wallington High Street, Orchard Hill Old Town Hall, 10am – 5pm
· Carshalton High Street near Costa Coffee and Oxfam, 10am – 5pm
· Sutton High Street, outside The Works, 10am – 7pm
It’s been an exciting year for Iconic . One of our stylists Georgia Wild entered a major Hairdressing competition called Colorzoom hosted by Goldwell UK . She had a photo shoot in May and went on to win the New Talent Colorist Category 2016 held at the Guildhall in July. Her prize was to go to Stockholm where she was to represent the U.K. in a global competition. There were 36 countries taking part in a live competition in the Globe . We are delighted to say she won the silver award coming second in her category.
We are extremely proud!
The Friends of Cheam Park, are planning to plant more Trees on Cheam Rec. This is to not only enhance the Rec, but also create a more wildlife friendly area and as the trees grown, will reduce the amount of water run off from Cheam Rec.
We have 40, 5 year old trees, which stand at around 1.5 – 2 meters high and over 100 saplings, which will only need to be dug in with a trowel.
The Friends of Cheam Park, with the help of local residents have now planted over 200 trees on the Rec. They have made a real difference the area. They make what was a very boring part of the Rec, with just mown grass, a real feature, which people take pleasure in visiting.
We are also hoping to secure funding for a footpath to go across the Rec, connecting the pavilion with the path down into Nonsuch Woods. All of which will make the Rec more accessible. It will also make it easier for families to walk to Little Oaks from North Cheam, rather than have to drive.
It will be on Saturday 26th November at 10 – 1pm.
Cheam Chamber of Trade
The Chamber’s Late Night Shopping Event attracts over 3,000 visitors to the Village every year.
The Event is held on the evening of the first Friday of December and falls this year on the 2nd of December 2016.
This year’s theme is Pirates and will feature Actors from SAVVY Theatre Company performing a A Mini Pirate Panto culminating in switching on the Christmas tree lights at the Cheam War Memorial Green outside Cheam Library. The evening will include various sub events at Cheam Library, Cheam Baptist Church and at shops and venues In the Village. Radio Jackie will provide music and entertainment on the night and there will be up to 30 stalls with crafts, toys, jewellery, wood products and various food and drink on offer. Fairground rides and children’s activities will also be in place. Radio Jackie’s Mobile unit Van will add to the Entertainment.
The event costs several thousand pounds to produce, even though all the work is put in by volunteers and traders and so we are looking for an increased level and number of sponsors. This is an opportunity for the businesses in Cheam to enhance their branding and presence and to contribute to the welfare of the local community.
The Sponsorships will be tiered into the following groups
- Principal Sponsor – £ 750 – Traditionally offered to Smith and Byford
- Mention on Radio Jackie before and three times during Event. Mention on banner and leaflets. Mention on website. Mention in Newsletter to Traders
- One or more Platinum Sponsors – £ 500
- Mention on Radio Jackie twice during Event. Mention on leaflets. Mention on website. Mention in Newsletter to Traders
- One or more Diamond Sponsors – £ 300
- Mention on Radio Jackie once during Event. Mention on leaflets. Mention on website. Mention in Newsletter to Traders
- One or more Gold Sponsors – £ 150
- Mention on Radio Jackie once during Event. Mention on leaflets. Mention on website
- One or more Sponsors – £ 50
- Mention on website
To become a sponsor for the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact telephone number and the sponsorship level at which you would like to participate. One of our volunteers will then contact you to collect the cheque or arrange a bank transfer and the logo and branding as appropriate.
We would like to finalise all sponsors before the 31st October 2016 so that we can confirm and pay for the Event arrangements.
Thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to welcoming you as a valuable contributor to Cheam’s Event of the Year!
On top of more than 20 years of Service from Statacom our previous company, ITP is now in its 12th Year of Operations in its own right. In that time, we are proud to say we have:
- Provided Consultancy and Design for 100’s of Innovative Technology Solutions for Businesses and Residential Customers.
- Supplied, Installed, Commissioned and supported 1000’s of PCs, Laptops and Servers
- Delivered Tens of 1000’s of Engineering Man-Hours of On-premise and remote support for various Technologies.
- Developed our Connectivity, Cloud, Telephony and Support Technology Offerings. We can connect anything to anything almost anywhere with most available technologies.
- Provided Redundant Power, data Centres, and technology for Business Continuity for 100s of Businesses.
- Established ourselves as a one-stop Technology Company.
We thank our Customers and Suppliers for their Support to Our Business and look forward to the Exciting and Challenging times ahead